A large number of nursing home residents require nursing and nursing aid care throughout the United States. These patients are dependent on assigned care aids for the majority of the time relative to their activities of daily living. Worldwide, the older aged population is predicted to grow and the nursing home staff that will be providing direct patient care will be certified nursing assistants. The nursing home setting where certified nursing assistants deliver direct personal care for patients who are convalescing or who require long-term care, such as the elderly, as well as the funding or insuring agencies supporting services, are discussed.
After completing this inservice, the learner will be able to:
- Identify the basic rights of nursing home residents.
- Identify several practical methods for protecting the rights of nursing home residents.
- Identify two types of elder abuse
- Identify how elder abuse should be reported
- Nursing Homes in the United States
- The Rights of Nursing Home Residents
- Who Protects the Rights of Nursing Home Residents?
- Elder Abuse