Domestic Violence and Elder Abuse
Domestic violence and elder abuse are common and frightening social problems, which unfortunately seldom seem to attract the attention they need. The exact cases of domestic violence and elder abuse occurring every year remain obscure and go unrecognized and underreported. The victims very often do not report their abusers, and the cycle of violence and injury continues.
After completing this inservice, the learner will be able to:
- Identify three types of elder abuse.
- Identify three signs of elder abuse.
- Identify two reasons why elder abuse may go unreported.
- Identify three signs of domestic violence.
- Elder Abuse - The Scope of the Problem
- How Can You Recognize Elder Abuse?
- Elder Abuse - What Should You Do?
- Domestic Violence - The Scope of the Problem
- How Can You Recognize Domestic Violence?
- Domestic Violence - What Should You Do?